Friday, September 8, 2017

Good News (mostly!)

Good morning, Y'all!

I have some good news to share today! I received the results from my CT and bone scans and there was no cancer showing on either one! It seems that the pain I have been experiencing is due to a small (ish) fluid filled cyst. The cyst was most likely caused by my surgery. The doctor said that for now, he's hoping that it will get better with the use of a heating pad and some exercise. If it does continue to get bigger I will have to see a surgeon so that he can drain it with a needle, but hopefully, that won't be needed.

The scans also showed that I have a cyst on my pancreas and a gallstone.WTH?? Anything else??! Anyway, the doctor didn't seem too concerned about either and said that they are just something we need to keep an eye on. Today I'm doing a bit of research on both gallstones and pancreatic cysts to see if there is anything I can do to prevent them from becoming a bigger issue. Maybe a change in my diet?? We'll see. 

I mentioned in my post on Wednesday that I had been in a bit of a funk, but I'm happy to say that I am feeling much better emotionally today! Obviously, a big factor is the good news about my scans, but the other reason is that I got outside for a walk on this glorious, cool, sunny day!




As much as I've missed getting outside for a walk or jog, I'm pretty impressed with myself for getting out there today! I was so tired this morning and didn't have a lot of energy, most likely due to the fact that I was up later than usual watching my beloved New England Patriots getting their butts kicked.

NOT how that game was supposed to go!





I only went 1.18 miles and it felt like 18 miles, but I'll take it!!

I'm hoping to get some mileage in this weekend because I have to get ready for that upcoming Paint Gwinnett Pink 5k!

I will be praying for all of those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey and those who are being or will be affected by Irma. We have been told to expect some stormy weather here in the Atlanta area early next week due to Irma, but it's still a little unclear as to how much of the effects we will feel.

Do you live in a place that's being affected by either of the hurricanes? Let me hear from you.

Take care and stay safe, Y'all!
<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19077713/?claim=vbt5gpp8mue">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment